News, 11/22/23

1 view

Angeline Binick

Nov 22, 2023, 2:29:48 PM11/22/23
to nsvrc...@googlegroups.com, Angeline Binick

The daily news e-mail will resume on Monday, November 27th.

I.     GLOBAL NEWS

II.    REGIONAL NEWS

III.   CAMPUS

IV.   CLERGY ABUSE
V.    SEXUAL ABUSE BY PROFESSIONALS

VI.   CASE STORIES
VII.  COMMENTARY

GLOBAL NEWS

An American man convicted of child sex crimes in Kenya 9 years ago is rearrested on new charges

https://apnews.com/article/kenya-us-sexual-offender-krieger-fad4a9e7448323e12a152d026be9d0b5

REGIONAL NEWS

Central Pa. school administrator and music director charged with sex crimes: state police

(Trigger warning)

https://www.pennlive.com/crime/2023/11/central-pa-school-administrator-and-music-director-charged-with-sex-crimes-state-police.html

Lancaster Co. man asks minor for sexual materials in exchange for 'Korblox Cash': police

https://local21news.com/news/local/lancaster-county-man-asks-minor-for-sexual-materials-in-exchange-for-korblox-cash-west-earl-township-police-pennsylvania#

CAMPUS

Call for campus sexual assault watchdog to tackle sexual violence at Australian universities

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2023/nov/22/call-for-campus-sexual-assault-watchdog-to-tackle-sexual-violence-at-australian-universities

CLERGY ABUSE

New York: Seven priests accused of sexual contact with adults in recent lawsuits

https://buffalonews.com/news/local/seven-priests-accused-of-sexual-contact-with-adults-in-recent-lawsuits/article_2573b0b0-88b0-11ee-a045-3bcd1e27a8c8.html

SEXUAL ABUSE BY PROFESSIONALS

Missouri: Feds want 9 women to testify against ex-KCK cop Golubski to show alleged pattern of abuse

https://www.kansascity.com/news/local/crime/article281901303.html

Massachusetts: 22 more patients accuse retired Norwell pediatrician Dr. Richard Kauff of sex abuse

(Trigger warning)

https://www.cbsnews.com/boston/news/dr-richard-kauff-sexual-abuse-accusations-charges-norwell-massachusetts/

CASE STORIES

Accuser sues Bill Cosby for alleged abuse dating to 1980s under expiring New York survivors law

https://apnews.com/article/bill-cosby-sexual-misconduct-adult-survivors-act-0b498dadf425ce77a8ce081436e3cbb0

Axl Rose Accused of 1989 Sexual Assault in New Lawsuit

(Trigger warning)

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/axl-rose-sexual-assault-lawsuit-1234892817/

Former Bad Boy President, Label Sued for Sexual Assault, Negligence

(Trigger warning)

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/bad-boy-harve-pierre-sued-sexual-assault-negligence-1234892880/

COMMENTARY

Former Bad Boy President Harve Pierre Accused of Sexual Assault, Harassment

https://www.theroot.com/former-bad-boy-president-harve-pierre-accused-of-sexual-1851042219

How art has given me the freedom to share my sexual assault story for the first time

https://www.abc.net.au/everyday/how-song-helped-me-share-my-story-of-childhood-sexual-assault/102874024

Combating Gender-Based Violence Tops Africa's Agenda for Women's Rights

https://allafrica.com/stories/202311220266.html