LGBTQ News, 9/3/21

1 view

Angeline Binick

Sep 3, 2021, 4:06:06 PM9/3/21
to nsvrc-lg...@googlegroups.com, Angeline Binick
I.          GLOBAL NEWS

II.         ANTI-LGBTQ ACTIVISM

III.        HEALTH

IV.        CONVERSION THERAPY / "EX-GAY" GROUPS

V.         DISCRIMINATION

VI.        HATE CRIMES
VII.       ARTS & CULTURE

VIII.      ENTERTAINMENT

IX.        COMMENTARY

GLOBAL NEWS

LGBT+ Afghans left behind say world turned its back on them
https://news.trust.org/item/20210903143422-lt9z0/

South Africa: Home Affairs ordered to release gay Ugandan couple
https://www.mambaonline.com/2021/09/03/home-affairs-ordered-to-release-gay-ugandan-couple/

ANTI-LGBTQ ACTIVISM

Tucker Carlson, Mocking Transgender and Abortion Advocates, Says Men Have Babies Too
https://www.newsweek.com/tucker-carlson-mocking-transgender-abortion-advocates-says-men-have-babies-too-1625680

Michigan: With Duck Dynasty Cast in Tow, Anti-LGBTQ+ Group Opens Bookstore
https://www.advocate.com/business/2021/9/03/duck-dynasty-cast-tow-anti-lgbtq-group-opens-bookstore

HEALTH

Trans adults twice as likely to die as cis adults, study finds
The most common causes include HIV-related illnesses, heart disease, lung cancer and suicide.
https://www.pinknews.co.uk/2021/09/03/trans-cis-death-study-amsterdam-gender-clinci/

CONVERSION THERAPY / “EX-GAY” GROUPS

In troubled ACNA church, alleged ‘spiritual hazing’ pressured members to conform
“On a number of occasions ... they tried to do exorcisms on me, told me I had demons inside me, told me those demons were the reasons I was attracted to men,” said Jack Bates.
https://religionnews.com/2021/09/03/in-troubled-acna-church-alleged-spiritual-hazing-pressured-members-to-conform/

DISCRIMINATION

Erasure of bisexual men is common, even among gay and lesbian people, according to science
https://www.pinknews.co.uk/2021/09/03/bisexual-erasure-study-psychology/

HATE CRIMES

Cases of missing trans people are rarely solved. A married pair of forensic genealogists is hoping to change that
https://xtramagazine.com/power/missing-trans-people-trans-doe-207739

ARTS & CULTURE

Survivor of ‘Gay Conversion Therapy’ Writes Book About Experiences
https://news.wttw.com/2021/09/02/survivor-gay-conversion-therapy-writes-book-about-experiences

Wikipedia faces huge backlash after saying pansexuality and bisexuality are the same thing
https://www.pinknews.co.uk/2021/09/03/wikipedia-bisexuality-pansexuality-backlash/

ENTERTAINMENT

China’s government just banned effeminate ‘sissy men’ from TV
https://www.pinknews.co.uk/2021/09/03/china-masculinity-sissy-men-tv/

COMMENTARY

Kabul diary: A gay Afghan tries to flee the Taliban
https://news.trust.org/item/20210903134419-9fey3/

How can a new Canadian government collaborate with Two-Spirit people?
https://xtramagazine.com/power/federal-election-two-spirit-needs-208050

The shocking rise in anti-LGBTQ hate crime shows bigotry is still ruining lives
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/sep/03/anti-lgbtq-hate-crime-bigotry-britain