Disclaimer: This job requisition provides a high-level job definition. It is not intended to provide a comprehensive or exclusive list of job duties. As such, job duties and/or responsibilities within the context of this job requisition may change at the discretion the employee’s direct supervisor.
- Provides direct critical incident interventions with students, staff, and faculty including referrals to on and off campus resources, 24 hour coverage, 7 days a week for students on all campuses.
- Provides leadership & support to the Coordinator of Victim Assistance. Also provides sexual violence prevention programming and maintains records for Title IX and Campus Save Act.
- Develops and implements a systematic tracking system ensuring maintenance of case records that comply with appropriate policies and procedures and/or legal mandates particularly related to the Title IX and the Campus SAVE Act for Atlanta and Georgia Perimeter Campuses.
- Collects, analyzes, and reports information to be used for university level reporting.
- Provides victim assistance services including assisting students in their preparation for court appearances and consulting with university departments (University Police, Legal Affairs, Health Services, Counseling Service, Office of the Dean of Students, University Housing and Student Health Clinics) to ensure comprehensive and coordinated service delivery to all Atlanta and PC campuses.
- Develops and coordinates communication materials (print and web) that ensure institutional compliance with relevant federal regulations (Campus SaVe Act.
- Develops and maintains a network of key colleagues to assist with timely resolution of student victim assistance problems; works closely with staff to respond to internal and external requests for information for Atlanta and Perimeter campuses.
Qualifications: Master's degree and three years of related experience; or a combination of education and related experience.
College/Business Unit: Student Services
Department: Student Health & Wellness
Location: Atlanta Campus
Shift: 8:30 AM - 5:15 PM | Monday - Friday
Salary : $55,000
Pay Grade: 18
FLSA Status: Exempt
Job Type: Full Time (Benefits Eligible)
Job Posting: 08/25/21, 4:40:07 PM
Closing Date: 09/15/21, 11:59:00 PM
Preferred Hiring Qualifications:
- Master's degree in Social Work or related field and three years of work related experience.
- Experience assisting victims in a college or university setting
An application and resume are required for consideration.
Please note, Georgia State University’s career board updates daily and requisitions are subject to be removed without prior notice or before the posting expires.
Georgia State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.