[ANN] NSubstitute 3.1.0 released

David Tchepak

Oct 27, 2017, 6:20:46 AM10/27/17
to nsubs...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

We've released NSubstitute 3.1.0 which reinstates support for NET45 (#329). It also has a separate NET46 target to avoid having to download a load of netstandard packages for NET46 projects (#331).

We also now have support for auto-substituting ValueTask<T> values, thanks to @KrzysztofBranicki (#325).

As always, please raise an issue on GitHub (https://github.com/nsubstitute/NSubstitute/issues) or email the group if you have any problems.

Regards,
David

Yuriy Votintsev

Nov 28, 2017, 3:22:29 AM11/28/17
to NSubstitute
Hi, Why did you remove "Download" link from your website? I want to use NSubstitute with Unity3d and i need .dll file. NuGet is not an option for Unity and i don't understant how to build it myself from sources (bat and sh files gives me errors when i launch them).

David Tchepak

Nov 28, 2017, 3:40:43 AM11/28/17
to nsubs...@googlegroups.com
Hi, the latest NSubstitute releases are no longer stand-alone (they require the download of dependencies which are managed by the new MSBuild system) so it doesn't really make sense to offer them as a separate download any more.

The older releases can still be downloaded from the website github page*. These downloads include all the required dependencies ilmerged into a single DLL:

The v2.0.3 release is a very solid release so you should be fine to stick with that for Unity3d. :)

Regards,
David

* If you're really keen on the 3.x releases you can download the nupkg from NuGet and extract it as a standard ZIP file and grab the DLL from there. You'll also need to download and reference dependencies like Castle.Core, and probably System.Threading.Tasks.Extensions as well.