New feature-rich client library for nsq in Kotlin

Bernhard Geisberger

Dec 17, 2020, 12:38:23 PM12/17/20
to nsq-users
Hello everyone,

today I published a new library for nsq written in Kotlin (JVM only for now), named knsq.
https://github.com/abusix/knsq

The library supports several features, including
- Subscribers (with or without nsq lookupd)
- Publishers
- HTTP API
- Backoff
- TLS, Snappy, Deflate
- Sampling
- Authentication

Compared to the existing Java libraries, knsq provides APIs adapted to the features of Kotlin and a way to handle all exceptions (including async) and errors.

The library has been under development over the last 6 months and is used for production services in our company. It will receive continuous support and bugfixes. The now released version 1.0.0 can be considered pretty stable, as it is being actively used for over 4 weeks without a single error.

Some trivia: We use nsq for high-volume data streams with over 50 topics, multiple channels/consumers per topic and up to 100k messages per minute for single topics. Most client connections use knsq, some of them use other python or javascript libraries.

Best regards,
Bernhard Geisberger

Matt Reiferson

Dec 25, 2020, 9:14:57 PM12/25/20
to Bernhard Geisberger, nsq-users
Hi Bernhard,

Thanks for sharing, this is great, would you mind opening a pull request to add this client library to the documentation on nsq.io?

Thanks!