Welcome to NSPasteboard.org

Brian Bucknam

Mar 22, 2013, 8:23:34 PM3/22/13
to nspast...@googlegroups.com
Hello Fellow Mac Developers,

Most of you are already aware of the informal standard for pasteboard-tagging located at http://nspasteboard.org/  If not, please give it a quick skim.

The intention is for the various types of applications which manipulate or access the clipboard -- clipboard history utilities, text expansion utilities, and others -- to provide a better user experience by "tagging" some NSPasteboard content, or by checking for such tags in order to, for example, avoid displaying a text expansion in a clipboard history view.

The original tags have been in use for many years, and are supported by a fair number of products.

Some new tags have been proposed, some of which have generated some vigorous discussion. We'd like to have input from as many developers as possible, in order to create the best possible user experience for all of our customers.

I'll kick off the new tag topics in a bit, but I wanted to have something here to welcome everyone and summarize the objective of all this.

Also, this is intended to be a low-volume mailing list/group. That is, other than the new tag discussions, I expect it will may sometimes be months between messages.

Cheers,
Brian

Smile Software
--