Move to GitHub?

Sindre Sorhus

Mar 6, 2022, 11:41:06 AM3/6/22
to NSPasteboard.org
I think it would help both awareness and participation in this project if it lived on GitHub instead. You could use GitHub discussions. It would also make it easy for people to suggest improvements and just add their apps to the website with a pull request.

iClip Support

May 31, 2024, 4:58:43 AMMay 31
to NSPasteboard.org
On Sunday, March 6, 2022 at 5:41:06 PM UTC+1 sindre...@gmail.com wrote:
I think it would help both awareness and participation in this project if it lived on GitHub instead. You could use GitHub discussions. It would also make it easy for people to suggest improvements and just add their apps to the website with a pull request.

I have now initiated this process.

I had already created a domain for similar purposes: utis.cc

I have now created a copy of the nspasteboard.org page here: https://utis.cc/nspasteboard.html

I am also open to giving access for the utis.cc domain and the github pages to others here in the group so that we won't have a single point of failure in the future. Peter N Lewis has already volunteered to share this task and has access to both the domain and the github pages.

Greg, who sold the rights of TextExpander along with the rights to nspasteboard.org to a new company, is trying to get them to redirect to the new page.

For discussions, we could use github discussions in the future instead of Google Groups, depending on whether Greg is able to give a few others admin access to this group.

And would you please give us a quick response here if you're even still reading this (or to me privately).

Thomas

Dimitar Nestorov

May 31, 2024, 5:09:02 AMMay 31
to NSPasteboard.org
A while back I created the NSPasteboard GitHub organization: https://github.com/NSPasteboard
Let me know if there's interest to put the website and discussions there and I will transfer ownership.

iClip Support

May 31, 2024, 5:31:50 AMMay 31
to NSPasteboard.org
On Friday, May 31, 2024 at 11:09:02 AM UTC+2 itsdimita...@gmail.com wrote:
A while back I created the NSPasteboard GitHub organization: https://github.com/NSPasteboard
Let me know if there's interest to put the website and discussions there and I will transfer ownership.

Nice!

I'm open to move the current page I created at https://github.com/utiscc/utiscc.github.io/blob/gh-pages/nspasteboard.md to that more specific repo

I could also take over ownership, but if you simply add more editors to the repo, that would be sufficient, too (that's how I share the current page access with Peter, for instance).

Let's see what others say.

Thomas

Nick Moore

Jun 1, 2024, 1:38:04 AMJun 1
to nspast...@googlegroups.com
I'm still reading the mailing list and would like to stay informed of developments in the area of pasteboard protocols and app-cooperation. Thanks Thomas and others for your efforts in keeping this small but important communications channel alive.

Nick Moore, developer of PopClip
GitHub: @pilotmoon

--
Nick Moore