Universal Clipboard detection?

Thomas Tempelmann

Feb 20, 2018, 4:53:12 AM2/20/18
to nspasteboard
Due to lack of the right hardware (I'm still developing on my good old Mac Pro 2008 with 7 internal disks, USB 3 card, an upgraded Graphics card, and some patches to run 10.12.6 on it), I cannot use Handoff with my more modern Macbook Pro for testing it.

Now users tell me that Universal Clipboard is causing trouble for them because my clipboard recorder app (iClip) sees the changed clipboard on all connected Macs every time the user copies something on one Mac. So, all Macs record the same clipping, which the user does not like.

Does anyone know how to detect that the clipboard was updated thru Universal Clipboard, so that I can prevent recording it?

--
Thomas Tempelmann
Irradiated Software

Nick Moore

Feb 20, 2018, 6:08:27 AM2/20/18
to Thomas Tempelmann, nspasteboard
> On 20 Feb 2018, at 09:52, Thomas Tempelmann <tho...@irradiatedsoftware.com> wrote:
> Does anyone know how to detect that the clipboard was updated thru Universal Clipboard, so that I can prevent recording it?

Universal Clipboard pasteboards all appear to include an item of type "com.apple.is-remote-clipboard", with empty data.

-Nick

--
Nick Moore
Pilotmoon Software