Evan Fillon proposal for Bremen Freedom 1.2.10

Evan Fillon

Jan 5, 2010, 8:19:27 PM1/5/10
to nsa-artis...@googlegroups.com
Bremen Freedom 2.0
The international convention of native zombies

WHAT I AM OFFERING:

I will resume my role as Production Assistant/Stage Manager for Bremen Freedom
I will also continue playing the role of Bohm in the play
I will understudy by rote the male roles in the play in the event that any cast members cannot make it/cannot be replaced.
I am offering help writing/seeking-out grants and fund-raisers to assist with travel and per-diem expenses for myself and artists involved in this project.

WHAT I AM LOOKING FOR

With my contribution of grant-writing and whatever fund-raising is needed, I am looking for plane tickets, room, and board for the whole of my stay in Berlin

I am also looking for an able, prepared, and dedicated cast and crew to make this project advance to the next stage.

I am looking for people to call me out when I am calling it in and support me when I am going out on a limb.

WHAT I AM LOOKING TO GAIN:

I want to add specificity to the physicality of my character in the play, including working on 10 distinct  “lazzi” with a concentration of energy usage and centered movement.

I hope to improve my German conversation and comprehension skills

I hope to advance the exchange with Ballhaus Ost, representing New Street Arts as a responsible, punctual, and down-to-earth artist whom the folks over there would like to work with in the future.

HOW DOES THIS SUPPORT THE MISSION
PushPush, an award-winning theater dedicated to the development of performing artists, aims to be a force in cultural progression by supporting and providing artistic and cultural development and offering the outcomes to the community through a wide range of innovative programming. The company pursues this mission by attracting artists from other dynamic cultural centers and providing distinctive opportunities for performing artists to grow, push boundaries, take artistic risks, explore new ideas, and collaborate with other artists.

NEXT STEPS

If this exchange continues to be successful, I plan to be involved with future projects between Ballhaus Ost and Push Push. Possibly an American Play (Susan-Lori Parks anybody??? or even Robert O'Hara) mounted in Berlin under the same circumstances as Bremen Freedom began (Atlanta directors, German actors).

Coming off of Ballhaus's visit in October/November, I have been continuing communication with Nicola Ahr about future exchanges. We are skyping over the next 4 weeks solidifying plans for an exchange (pending available resources and time) ...because we both have similar backgrounds and interests, the idea exchange that began in October has already been productive. We hope to solidify a specific project plan by the middle of February

FINANCIAL PLAN

Besides the money that goes to making sure I am safely accommodated for and transported to and from Germany, I don't expect more than minimal financial compensation directly from this project. The learning experience alone will be invaluable, and—more importantly—the future projects (see above) are where the money is. I understand this exchange to be very much about the dollarability of artists' work, and I am invested in seeing that future projects such as Channel 4 and House of York--which will be advanced by this exchange—create more income for participating artists.

Also, the successful execution of this exchange, including measurable results will work to the credit of New Street Arts, Ballhaus Ost, and the individual artists for future projects.

MEASUREMENTS
Personally, I will measure the success of this exchange by mounting the play for at least a 2 week run in Berlin, and solidified next steps for furthering the exchange as soon as the month after the run, and no later than one year after it.

LEARNING STEPS
Remounting Bremen Freedom in a new space should be easy, but it will not be without its challenges. Taking on the role of Production Manager, tracking cues, props, and costumes as the play is quickly remounted in a new venue will be a new experience for me.
Also, in this remount, I hope to get more specific about the choices I make as an actor, creating a more solid role and employing clearer physical actions. I see this remount as specifically geared to my goals in the 15x15 Actor workout.
In addition to my artistic goals, I have been continuing my courses in learning the German language with software and literature. The immersion in Germany would help me greatly in my efforts towards fluency.

--
Increase your vocabulary and alleviate world hunger. (who knew?)
go to http://www.freerice.com