data collector

Lincy Elizebeth Jim

Jun 2, 2015, 5:33:59 AM6/2/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi all

I want to learn more about data collector inorder to use it in aodv.cc ,So i copy pasted wifi-example-sim.cc and wifi-example-apps.h and wifi-example-apps.cc in scratch too.When i do ./waf build

i get  common-module.h not found

when i went through earlier posts i found that common-module.h has been removed.I am using ns-3.21

kindly guide me if  i can use data collector in aodv.cc to  get statistical analysis . ie for different runs and seed

thanking in advance

regards

lincy

Konstantinos

Jun 2, 2015, 5:41:29 AM6/2/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com, lin...@gmail.com
Hi Lincy,

Where did you find these 'wifi-example-xxx' files?
You should use code developed for the ns-3 release you have (ns-3.21 in your case).
See in /examples/stats/ for the correct version of the scenario.

Just a suggestion, use the current ns-3 release (3.23).

K.

Lincy Jim

Jun 2, 2015, 5:54:31 AM6/2/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Konstantinos

Thank you very much for your reply.
I happened to read about data collector on this link

and then i found the wifi-example files in ns-3.21/examples/stats

do i have to un install ns-3.21  or can i just update to ns-3.23

i found this link

which installs ns-3.23 on ubuntu 15.04

i am using ubuntu 14.04. Can I follow the same steps to install ns-3.23 as given in the link https://deepaknadig.com/blog/install-ns3-on-ubuntu/

kindly guide

thanking in advance

regards

Lincy

Konstantinos

Jun 2, 2015, 6:15:47 AM6/2/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com, lin...@gmail.com
Lincy,

Why are you searching google to answer your questions through personal websites? These are generally created once at the time the author needed that and never being updated.
The first link with the code is from ns-3.5 - 2009 release!!

NS-3 community provides an up-to-date Tutorial/Manual/Wiki for almost anything related to NS-3. It also gives the supported OS/gcc versions.

You can have as many ns-3 releases you like on your computer. You just create a new folder and build it there. I would recommend to do a './waf distclean' in the unused release just to same some space from the build.

Lincy Jim

Jun 2, 2015, 6:31:36 AM6/2/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Konstantinos

Thanks a lot for your reply again.I got tensed after knowing that I would have to install it again.I downloaded ns-allinone-3.23.tar.bz2 from ns website
 ,extracted it to home folder using the command tar xjf ns-allinone-3.23.tar.bz2
and i am going to follow the steps listed in

https://www.nsnam.org/wiki/Installation  under the heading ubuntu/debian,each step will be prefixed by sudo

kindly guide if i am on the right track

thanking in advance

regards
Lincy Elizebeth Jim

Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/ns-3-users.

Konstantinos

Jun 2, 2015, 6:42:01 AM6/2/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com, lin...@gmail.com
In order to install library dependencies (using the apt-get) you need to use sudo.
But since you have been working with ns-3.21, that means you have installed them on your system.
There is no new dependency from ns-3.21.

For building NS-3 (i.e. using the ./waf ) you should not use sudo.

Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/ns-3-users.

Lincy Jim

Jun 2, 2015, 6:44:54 AM6/2/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Konstantinos

I will do the steps as mentioned .Thanks a lot

regards
Lincy

Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/ns-3-users.

Lincy Jim

Jun 2, 2015, 7:40:06 AM6/2/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Konstantinos

ns-3.23 installed .thanks  a lot!! will try data collector and create a new post tomorrow

regards

lincy