Change order of users in scheduler LENA

Mattia Rebato

Aug 22, 2015, 2:02:46 PM8/22/15
to ns-3-users
Hi everybody,

I'm working with LENA modules and I'm wondering if and how it is possible to change the order in which users are served  in the downlink scheduler.
I have read the documentation but I didn't find out how I can manage it.  Any suggestion?

I'm setting a simple lena simulation with the RR scheduler (ns3::RrFfMacScheduler).

Thanks for the help.
Mattia

Konstantinos

Aug 22, 2015, 4:50:56 PM8/22/15
to ns-3-users
HI Mattia,

Either you change the scheduler to one of the other implementations (https://www.nsnam.org/docs/models/html/lte-design.html#the-femtoforum-mac-scheduler-interface) or change the implementation RR (create your own scheduler).

Regards
K.

Mattia Rebato

Aug 23, 2015, 4:55:09 AM8/23/15
to ns-3-users
Thank you Konstantinos for your answer.

I know what you are suggesting, but my question is, in order to change the implementation of RR, where should I work in the code for varying the order of the serving users?

Regards,
Mattia

Tommaso Pecorella

Aug 23, 2015, 5:13:33 AM8/23/15
to ns-3-users
Hi,

sorry if this seems harsh (it is), but...
If you're not able to figure out where, are you sure you'll be able to figure out how ?

In my opinion the only way to really help you is to force you to study the code and find out where you have to modify it.
Otherwise, you'll not really understand the logic behind the code, what are the assumptions and so on. The end result will be bugs and bad implementation.

Summarizing: study the code, there's even a comment in the section you're looking for, it's hard to miss it.

T.