Group mobility module.

Yufei Yan

May 11, 2020, 4:33:57 AM5/11/20
to ns-3-users
Hi, guys,

Need some help and advises here.

I'd like to simulate platooning scenarios on highway or urban area, but I don't find a mobility module that fits the platooning with multiple vehicles.
I think this should belong to group mobility, and I don't think any mobility module in NS3 is group mobility.

How would you get done? Is there any such group mobility module out there that can plug in ns3? Or should I implement such a module by myself?
Implementing a new module will take a lot of time, and we have to validate it, right?  And what specific group mobility models should I study with if some such models could fit the scenario?

Thanks a lot.

Edivaldo

May 14, 2020, 3:57:12 AM5/14/20
to ns-3-users
Hello, Yufei.

I am working with VANET and used as a base for my simulation the code: ns-3.30 \ src \ wave \ examples \ vanet-routing-compare.cc.

You can extract only the mobility, wireless communication architecture and routing protocol that you want to use.

This code does not perform Cluster or Platoon. It configures some nodes to receive data packets. Example: UDP datagrams, and messages BSM (Basic Safety Message).

As far as I understand, you should program the Cluster Head and / or Platoon. This is beyond my knowledge.

But try to see if these paths can guide you:

- For clustering you can analyze:
from sklearn.cluster import DBSCAN

Good job.

Health and peace,
Edivaldo

Yufei Yan

May 17, 2020, 1:47:23 AM5/17/20
to ns-3-users
Hey,Edivaldo,

Thanks for your reply.
I've noticed that mobility models in ns3 seem to not work for platooning. It requires Group Mobility, i.e. a group of nodes moving with similar trends or trajectories. And in between of the nodes, they are not the exactly same trajectories, so there are minor differences. These small differences will have impact on network performances and outing decisions at different times. However, nodes in the group should move in similar trends, such as velocity, directions, etc.

In the paper, "A survey of mobility models for ad hoc network research", it talks about some group mobility models.
I'm posting the question here to look for some ideas, probably I can just make some minor modification with current modules so that it works for my model.

Your sharing is still very useful.
Let me know if you have other information that you'd like to share.

Thank you again.
Yufei.

Urutago

May 19, 2020, 1:10:17 AM5/19/20
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Yufei.

Exact. Really a modification in the existing modules or even the proposal of a new module for this type of movement.

I found these references in this article (Real-Time Detection of Denial-of-Service Attacks in IEEE 802.11p Vehicular Networks) that I studied recently:
[4] J. Ploeg, A. Serrarens, and G. Heijenk, “Connect & drive: design
and evaluation of cooperative adaptive cruise control for congestion
reduction, ”J. Modern Transportation, vol. 19, no. 3, pp. 207–213, 2011.

[6] E. Chan, “Overview of the SARTRE platooning project: technology
leadership brief, ”SAE technical paper 2012-01-9019, 2012.
doi: 10.4271 / 2012-01-9019.

If I find something else, I'll send it to you.

Good job.

Health and peace.

Best regards,
Edivaldo

--
Posting to this group should follow these guidelines https://www.nsnam.org/wiki/Ns-3-users-guidelines-for-posting
---

Yufei Yan

May 20, 2020, 2:04:16 AM5/20/20
to ns-3-users
Than you, Edivaldo.

I'll update this thread if I find anything useful, or I finally have to implement a new mobility module and open source it.