pyviz problem: No en_GB translation found for domain kiwi

shanh...@gmail.com

Jun 27, 2017, 2:14:21 PM6/27/17
to ns-3-users
After all the set up for pyviz, when I ran the script I got the output showing like

** (process:62226): WARNING **: Trying to register gtype 'GMountMountFlags' as enum when in fact it is of type 'GFlags'

** (process:62226): WARNING **: Trying to register gtype 'GDriveStartFlags' as enum when in fact it is of type 'GFlags'

** (process:62226): WARNING **: Trying to register gtype 'GSocketMsgFlags' as enum when in fact it is of type 'GFlags'

/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/site-packages/gtk-2.0/gtk/__init__.py:57: GtkWarning: could not open display

  warnings.warn(str(e), _gtk.Warning)

19:00:19 environ              No en_GB translation found for domain kiwi

This is after I installed kiwi by using Macport and the kiwi version is py27-kiwi @1.9.29_0 now I am trying to search online resouces for this well I found this, however I didn't find really helpful to figure out this problem. It is my first time to join this group and I would like to ask if there is someone can help me to figure it out. Many thanks.

Kind Regards

S.

Shan Huang

Jun 27, 2017, 2:40:46 PM6/27/17
to ns-3-users
@Konstantinos Do you have any ideas to solve this problem?

Konstantinos

Jun 29, 2017, 4:57:25 AM6/29/17
to ns-3-users
Hi,

Please provide your system details (OS, gcc, python)
Just a quick search of your problem online, gave this http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/slackware-14/python-enum-gflags-warning-4175425343/ and specifically for MacPorts this https://trac.macports.org/ticket/34040 that state the problem is fixed for different python projects.

Regards,

Shan Huang

Jun 29, 2017, 9:45:57 AM6/29/17
to ns-3-users

Hi K, thanks for your reply here is my system info:
MacOS Sierra 10.12.4 (16E195)
           Python 2.7.13 (default, Apr 23 2017, 16:50:35)

    [GCC 4.2.1 Compatible Apple LLVM 8.0.0 (clang-800.0.42.1)] on darwin, and I looked into the links that you put in, I found there are some patch files attached, so am I supposed to download these files to fix my MacPort? What do you say? Btw the MacPort in my laptop works fine so I am wondering if this is caused by that. Thanks again!

Shan Huang

Jun 29, 2017, 9:57:50 AM6/29/17
to ns-3-users
Updated: After I looked into the link you sent me I found they are specifically about fixing the Warning msgs. So I think my main problem suck here was the kiwi component, the first time when I ran my script, it shows output info like

 "/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/site-packages/gtk-2.0/gtk/__init__.py:57: GtkWarning: could not open display
  warnings.warn(str(e), _gtk.Warning)
Could not load plugin 'show_last_packets.py': No module named kiwi.ui.objectlist

So thats why I used Macport to install kiwi. Then after that when I ran it it will show the info that I addressed before.