how to check distance between two enbs every second

Marios Me

Apr 28, 2015, 7:33:27 AM4/28/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I'm pretty newbie in ns3 and I have a question. I have a scenario which uses lte-module and in which I have 2 eNBs with 1000m distance between them and 1 UE that is moving from the first eNB straight forward to the second one ! The UE is not attached in the first eNB , but I want it to be attached to the second one after it passes the first 500m . My question is how can I check the distance the UE has covered all the time , or how can I implement a listener (maybe ?) or something like that , that will inform me when the UE has passed the 500m so I can execute the LteHelper function of Atttach() ??

Thank you in advance,

Marios.

Tommaso Pecorella

Apr 28, 2015, 8:18:53 AM4/28/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

this has been discussed before (and no, you can't have a listener).

The short answer is: you have to define a periodic function that periodically checks the mutual node's distance and, if the two are too far away, triggers an appropriate action.

HOWEVER, this is a very bad idea for the following reasons:
1) Nodes usually don't know the respective positions, or they have just an approximate idea
2) Nodes doesn't care about the mutual positions. The signal strength is way more important.

Any handover based only on Euclidean distance could be only justified in open space. Are your eNB and UE located in the space (I mean, between Earth and the Moon) ?
Anyway, it's your choice.

Cheers,

T.

Marios Me

Apr 28, 2015, 8:36:57 AM4/28/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
As I haven't found something relevant using search , if you don't mind can you send me the link with the discussion about it ?
Also can you provide me much more information on how can i use the signal strength ??

Cheers ,

Marios.