Increase UEs during simulation in LTE

preeti.do...@gmail.com

Jun 17, 2014, 2:24:54 AM6/17/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Dear All,

In dual-Lena script, the number of UEs are pre-calculated depending on the UE density, and the number of eNBs.

In my work, I need to add more users during the simulation's runtime.
Just like it happens in realtime.. UEs enter a cell increasing its existing traffic load.

Please share your thoughts on how to achieve this in NS3.

Thanks and BR,
Preeti

Piotr Gawlowicz

Jun 22, 2014, 7:31:03 PM6/22/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Try to create as much UEs as you need,  do not attach them to eNB, but schedule Attach function for each UE in different time. I think it should work

Best regards,
Piotr Gawłowicz

Filipe Ferreira

Jun 23, 2014, 7:49:09 PM6/23/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
And to remove them after? If we try to simulate a user pattern, we can only simulate one portion of it, because (as far I could check) we can't remove ues.

preeti.do...@gmail.com

Jul 3, 2014, 6:53:46 AM7/3/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hola Folks,

Thanks a Ton for your help. Got it working..

Best Regards,
Preeti