Changing the operating frequency on 802.11ac

Varun Reddy

Apr 12, 2017, 6:30:17 PM4/12/17
to ns-3-users
Hello everyone,

I am attempting to change the operating frequency to 300MHz (to simulate the working of 802.11af) but retain the overall PHY layer configuration of 802.11ac.

I have gone through earlier posts in this group and realized that the SetFrequency() function (in the class YansWifiPhy) can be employed. However, when I wish to implement this change by using the function -

NetDeviceContainer staDevices = wifi.Install (phy, mac, wifiStaNodes);

I get an error since the object phy is required to be of YansWifiPhyHelper datatype, not YansWifiPhy. However, I can't seem to change the frequency using the WifiPhyHelper class. How do I resolve this problem?

Tommaso Pecorella

Apr 22, 2017, 9:44:35 AM4/22/17
to ns-3-users
Hi,

first you must install the Wi-Fi stack on the node though the usual means. Only after that you can retrieve the WiFiPhy object from the node and change its operating frequency.
Read the tutorial and manual to find how.

T.