wrong result of dce-umip-nemo simulation?

Fayruz Rahma

Oct 30, 2014, 3:44:00 AM10/30/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys,

I'm a newbie here.
I installed ns-3-dce (ns3.21, dce-ns3-1.4) using bake on Ubuntu 14.04 (on VirtualBox) and encountered a problem when trying to simulate dce-umip-nemo.cc

When I executed:
./waf --run dce-umip-nemo

'build' finished successfully, there was no error message, but there was no output like the one showed here: http://www.nsnam.org/docs/dce/manual-umip/html/getting-started.html

There were some pcap files created, but those files showed that no ping packet had been sent from MNN to CN.
Only Router Solicitation messages had been passed between the nodes. The source & destination IPv6 addresses of the nodes are not even close with the configured addresses. (example: the source address recorded in pcap is fe80::200:ff:fe00:8. In the script, the source address' prefix should be 2001:1:2::0)

I also try to visualize the simulation by executing:
./waf --run dce-umip-nemo --vis

The visualization of simulation showed the same: in the first 10 seconds the nodes exchanged some messages, then MR sent Router Solicitation message to ARs. No ping packet sent from MNN to MR after 20 seconds.

Can you help me, why I got this kind of result?
Is it because I'm using DCE on virtualbox?
Or, from where I should start the troubleshooting process?

I attached some of the pcap files for your information.

Thank you so much for your kind attention.

Regards,
Fayruz
dce-umip-nemo-5-0.pcap
dce-umip-nemo-1-1.pcap
dce-umip-nemo-2-1.pcap
dce-umip-nemo-3-0.pcap
dce-umip-nemo-3-1.pcap

Hajime Tazaki

Dec 12, 2014, 5:47:54 AM12/12/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com

Hi Fayruz,

I'm sorry for the late response.

At Thu, 30 Oct 2014 00:43:59 -0700 (PDT),
Fayruz Rahma wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> I'm a newbie here.
> I installed ns-3-dce (ns3.21, dce-ns3-1.4) using bake on Ubuntu 14.04 (on
> VirtualBox) and encountered a problem when trying to simulate
> dce-umip-nemo.cc
>
> When I executed:
> ./waf --run dce-umip-nemo
>
> 'build' finished successfully, there was *no error message*, but there was *no
> output* like the one showed here:
> http://www.nsnam.org/docs/dce/manual-umip/html/getting-started.html

the document is outdated. now dce-umip-nemo is not using
Ping6 application, but uses ping6 command (of Linux)
instead. no output will be shown in the console.

I have updated the document. the above link should be
updated soon.

> There were some pcap files created, but those files showed that *no ping
> packet had been sent* from MNN to CN.
> Only Router Solicitation messages had been passed between the nodes. The
> source & destination IPv6 addresses of the nodes are not even close with
> the configured addresses. (example: the source address recorded in pcap is
> fe80::200:ff:fe00:8. In the script, the source address' prefix should be
> 2001:1:2::0)
>
> I also try to visualize the simulation by executing:
> ./waf --run dce-umip-nemo --vis
>
> The visualization of simulation showed the same: in the first 10 seconds
> the nodes exchanged some messages, then MR sent Router Solicitation message
> to ARs. No ping packet sent from MNN to MR after 20 seconds.
>
> Can you help me, why I got this kind of result?
> Is it because I'm using DCE on virtualbox?
> Or, from where I should start the troubleshooting process?
>
> I attached some of the pcap files for your information.

I saw a pcap file, dce-umip-nemo-3-1.pcap, and found that
there is no router advertisement packet, which should be
generated by mobile router (MR) with quagga.

I guess quagga sometimes fails to execute due to an error of
existing files (UNIX domain socket, I guess).

could you try to delete all the files generated by the
example before starting it and execute the example again ?

% cd ns-3-dce
% rm -rf files*
% ./waf --run dce-umip-nemo

hope that helps you.

-- Hajime

Karima Djouadi

May 15, 2015, 8:09:29 PM5/15/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Hajime,

I have a problem I'm trying to adjust since .I weeks working with ns3 development version and I want to perform a simulation of the protocol hsrnemo.for this I must add a router to the basic architecture of the NS3 file / source / dce / ns-3-dce / myscripts / examples / dce-UMIP-nemo .But when I add the router, pings sent by MNN do not reach the node corresponds and Cn d'ont sent a  reply ! Help me please to run my architecture.

Hajime Tazaki

Jun 25, 2015, 3:21:42 AM6/25/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com

At Fri, 15 May 2015 17:09:29 -0700 (PDT),
Karima Djouadi wrote:

> [1 <multipart/alternative (7bit)>]
> [1.1 <text/plain; UTF-8 (quoted-printable)>]
> Hi Hajime,
>
> I have a problem I'm trying to adjust since .I weeks working with ns3
> development version and I want to perform a simulation of the protocol
> hsrnemo.for this I must add a router to the basic architecture of the NS3
> file / source / dce / ns-3-dce / myscripts / examples / dce-UMIP-nemo .But
> when I add the router, pings sent by MNN do not reach the node corresponds
> and Cn d'ont sent a reply ! Help me please to run my architecture.

in general, if you added a router into an existing example,
you may also need to additionally configure route
information on various nodes (MNN, AR, CN, HA, etc).

-- Hajime