Using CSMA nodes in EPC Helper

Kam Nasim

Jul 4, 2015, 6:12:30 PM7/4/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

If you look at the point-to-point-epc-helper or the emu-epc-helper in NS3's LTE module, they create either a p2p link or a fdnet link between the EnB and the SGW.

I am trying to modify the standard topology so that EnB and SGWs are instead connected by CSMA links(CSMA Helper).

The topology I have in mind involves the following changes in EPC helper:

                                                                 --------------------
enB <------   eNBSwitchNode*   <-------       csma Switch      ------> sgwSwitchNode* ---------> sgwPgw

In legacy, the enB and sgwPgw are DIRECTLY connected to each other via p2p or fdnet links however in my case I want them to connect to 2 L2 hosts and go through a CSMA switch.

Is this doable? Anybody has gone through this experience? Thoughts or concerns?

Thanks,
Kam

Kam

Jul 16, 2015, 10:00:34 PM7/16/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
beuller... bueller... bueller?

Hi, does anybody have any insight into this?