Question about btaining simulation results

Victor Bastidas

Oct 13, 2015, 12:46:49 PM10/13/15
to ns-3-users
Good morning,

I'm starting to use ns-3 and using the first example about UDP Echo test.
When I run that script the time results are shown in the console, but I'd like to obtain those times of the simulation in C++ variables, I'm guessing it's in the scheduler module, but I don't really know how to access that module or modify it to get that Event.

I've read about creating or modifying a method to obtain the Event and the EventID, but I don't know if there's an easier way to obtain that data without modifying the ns-3 code. Also what I've read about logging or tracing wont work because they generate external files with the results.

I'm tryng to send the time results of that example (as number, or string) to MATLAB via TCP Sockets with a further analyze in mind, the data that is more important to send is the time results of the simulation, only for the first example. I'm familiar with C++ sockets and receiving them in MATLAB.

Thanks in advance,

VDBC

Tommaso Pecorella

Oct 13, 2015, 1:58:06 PM10/13/15
to ns-3-users
Hi,

I'd strongly suggest to complete the tutorial... you'll find out how to obtain simulation data in various formats.

Have fun reading,

T.