VANET BSM application with large packet size fails

HM

Aug 28, 2019, 12:32:08 PM8/28/19
to ns-3-users
I am using Vanet-Routing-Compare with "routing" option disabled. So based on my own application, I need to modify the mobility model and number of nodes (I did and it works properly), as well as packet content and size. In the source code of bsm-application, the BSM is defined as a fixed-size (200 Bytes) packet

Ptr <Packet> p = Create<Packet> (pktSize);

Before modifying the content of packet (by passing desired arguments), I first tried increasing the size of packet from 200 to different values under 1500 Bytes. This size is initialized in both vanet-routing-compare.cc and bsm-application.cc. I Accordingly, I modified both. However, running the simulation at 100ms BSM intervals (default rate), simulation gets aborted after second 1.7 with the error :

Command ['/Users/.../ns-allinone-3.26/ns-3.26/build/scratch/vanet-routing-compare'] terminated with signal SIGSEGV. Run it under a debugger to get more information (./waf --run <program> --command-template="gdb --args %s <args>").

Any idea that why the source code does not work with larger packets and any workaround ?

HM

Aug 28, 2019, 12:52:38 PM8/28/19
to ns-3-users
An UPDATE:

The source code works with large network size (e.g.,number of nodes as large as 200) and the change in PDR is evident with regard to different packet size. It however, fails to simulate a small network given 2 or 5 vehicles.

Nuzhat Yamin

Oct 30, 2019, 4:16:29 AM10/30/19
to ns-3-users
Hi!

How did you disable the routing option? and why did you disable? I am trying to implement only DSRC in VANET. Is it possible by disabling the routing option?