YOSEMITE - ns 3.22

ste....@gmail.com

Mar 24, 2015, 4:50:17 AM3/24/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Is anyone running ns3 with yosemite?

Tommaso Pecorella

Mar 24, 2015, 6:49:49 AM3/24/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
No, Yosemite and ns-3-dev here. Working like a charm.
What's the issue ?

T.

Abraham Prabhakaran

Mar 24, 2015, 7:47:18 AM3/24/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
i m doing research in ipv6, and i want analysis global unicast routing and comparative study of Global unicast routing...is ns3 is best for my project?

Nat P

Mar 24, 2015, 9:30:47 AM3/24/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com

Il giorno martedì 24 marzo 2015 12:47:18 UTC+1, Abraham Prabhakaran ha scritto:
i m doing research in ipv6, and i want analysis global unicast routing and comparative study of Global unicast routing...is ns3 is best for my project?

Maybe !

(What's the deal with Yosemite, btw?)

ste....@gmail.com

Mar 24, 2015, 10:01:12 AM3/24/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
just asking before updating to it! Last time i did an OS upgrade everything went awful!

Tommaso Pecorella

Mar 24, 2015, 11:28:19 AM3/24/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

just one warning: if you upgrade, then you should be fine. If you do a clean install, then you'll end up without gdb (and you'll have an hard time debugging).
The problem is that gdb is not anymore installed with the latest Xcode. You have to install it from an old package, or you'll be stuck with lldb.
There's nothing wrong with lldb, mind. The problem is that Eclipse and NetBeans can't use it.
Anyway, if you did have gdb previously, it will not be removed.

Cheers,

T.