How to listen to real traffic using tap-bridges inside ns3

Hiba Yousef

Mar 12, 2019, 11:55:38 AM3/12/19
to ns-3-users
Hello all,

I am using ns3 as an emulator to shape the bandwidth between the server and the linux containers using tap-bridges.
On the lxc am running chrome browser for video streaming session.
The traffic is passing through point-to-point link inside ns3.
Every some time I change the data rate of the p2p link to follow a specific bandwidth trace.
I need a way to listen to the real TCP packets so that I can start changing the p2p data rate at the first received tcp packet.
so that I have the same behavior every time I run the scenario.
Do I need sockets or listeners here ? if so can you please help me with some hints on how to do that ?

I would be grateful, and thanks in advance !
Hiba