How to use existing bridgehelper with another name

Arun

Mar 7, 2019, 10:06:28 PM3/7/19
to ns-3-users
I have to just use the existing bridge helper and rename to another_name_bridgehelper is it possible .  Should I follow the following link

Message has been deleted

MAX

Mar 8, 2019, 2:03:32 PM3/8/19
to ns-3-users
Hi,
BridgeHelper is not a module! it's a helper class for bridge module!
Why do you want to do this?

Arun

Mar 12, 2019, 9:34:43 AM3/12/19
to ns-3-users
Hi Max,
I intended bridge module not a BridgeHelper , And I renamed the bridge module with another name and renamed all the header file and .cc file with new name
mean
├── bindings
│   ├── callbacks_list.py
│   ├── callbacks_list.pyc
│   ├── modulegen__gcc_ILP32.py
│   ├── modulegen__gcc_LP64.py
│   └── modulegen__gcc_LP64.pyc
├── doc
│   └── bridge.rst
├── examples
│   ├── csma-bridge.cc
│   ├── csma-bridge-one-hop.cc
│   ├── csma-bridge.py
│   └── wscript
├── helper
│   ├── bridge-helper.cc
│   └── bridge-helper.h
├── model
│   ├── bridge-channel.cc
│   ├── bridge-channel.h
│   ├── bridge-net-device.cc
│   └── bridge-net-device.h
├── test
│   └── examples-to-run.py
└── wscript

All the helper class name and all the model name and where ever it refers also changed with new name for example bridge-helper.cc to newname-bridge-helper.cc
I also changed the class name inside modulegen__gcc_LP64.py with new class names . And it works fine for me.