How to let eNB receive packet from remote host?(simulate MEC)

Yu-Xiang Huang

Jul 31, 2017, 4:22:30 AM7/31/17
to ns-3-users
Hi everyone,

I want to simulate Multi-access edge computing(MEC) by LTE network and measure latency between UEs and remoteHosts(on the eNB to simulate MEC).
So...I make eNB to connect the remoteHosts by PointToPoint directly.

like this:
            (LTE)                       (S1u)
UEs <--------------> eNBs <-------------->S/PGW

                                  |(PointToPoint link)

                         Remote Hosts

Already using the ipv4 to give IP to these remoteHosts.
Each eNB will have some remoteHosts to simulate MEC.

Initially, using Ipv4 static routing doesn't make packets from UE to these remoteHosts.
Therefore, I add a function to check the destination IP of packet in "epc-enb-application" to decide whether send to  these remoteHosts or S/PGW.
It lets the Flow which is from UE to these remoteHosts on eNBs be able to measure the latency.

But the Flow which is from  these remoteHosts to UEs is not successful.
I think a reason is the function "RecvFromS1uSocket " does not receive the packet from these remoteHosts on eNBs.
How to slove this problem or whether has any suggestion?

Thank every one!

Konstantinos

Jul 31, 2017, 4:38:02 AM7/31/17
to ns-3-users
Hi,

You will need to creare another socket, similar to the s1uSocket that is used to connect the eNB with the EPC and setup another callback to receive/send packets from the MEC server.
Also note that in the s1u packets have the GTPU header that is used to get the RNTI and BID.

Regards

Yu-Xiang Huang

Jul 31, 2017, 5:51:40 AM7/31/17
to ns-3-users
Hi, Konstantinos

thank you so much for your suggestion!
You or any one can  give some suggestion how to setup callback for setting the receive function for eNB and these remoteHost?
I don't know what time to use it in my scenario.(I know callback what mean)

Thank you!

Regards

Konstantinos於 2017年7月31日星期一 UTC+8下午4時38分02秒寫道:

Konstantinos

Jul 31, 2017, 6:17:52 AM7/31/17
to ns-3-users

Yu-Xiang Huang

Aug 1, 2017, 3:34:18 AM8/1/17
to ns-3-users
Hi,

I got it.
Thank for your infomation!

YX
Konstantinos於 2017年7月31日星期一 UTC+8下午6時17分52秒寫道:

ashish bhardwaj

Jul 2, 2020, 4:24:50 AM7/2/20
to ns-3-users
hello , i am also trying to build a scenerio similiar to yours.  i want direct link of remote host to enb with a ethernet link and without internet. if your code works can you share it with me. so i can get some idea

UE..........ENB------PGW--------remotehost

recis...@gmail.com

Jul 15, 2020, 11:15:28 PM7/15/20
to ns-3-users