How to port/run old code of MPTCP(NS 3.19) to new version NS 3.27

Arsalan Ahmad

Dec 25, 2017, 3:38:34 AM12/25/17
to ns-3-users
Hi,
I want to use Multipath TCP (MPTCP) code by m.kherkha implemented in NS 3.19. I am using new version ns3.27. In order to run  it on NS3.27, i have to port the MPTCP code on NS3.27.
Can anyone help me how to do this porting.

 Thanks in advance!

Tommaso Pecorella

Dec 25, 2017, 7:51:09 PM12/25/17
to ns-3-users
Hi,

depending on the module, the task can be easy or extremely difficult.
Unfortunately the TCP code had a lot of changes recently. As a consequence, the forward-port will require you to study the old set of changes and figure out what and where to apply the changes in ns-3.27.
Without digging in the MPTCP code, we can't give further directions, sorry.

As a side note, we'll be more than happy to have a good code contribution for ns-3.27.

T.

Arsalan Ahmad

Dec 26, 2017, 11:58:47 PM12/26/17
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Thank you so much

--
Posting to this group should follow these guidelines https://www.nsnam.org/wiki/Ns-3-users-guidelines-for-posting
---

Matt Anonyme

Dec 27, 2017, 4:00:22 AM12/27/17
to ns-3-users
If you are interested in ns3+mptcp, you can also have a look at:
https://github.com/teto/ns-3-dev-git/wiki

MPTCP is complex and needs to plug in various TCP parts. While MPTCP can't be dropped in as is in ns3, it would be nice to see some patches that make it easier to track upstream ns3 such as the ability to choose the TCP initial sequence Number, relax visibility on some fields (having all these private functions make things harder since one has to copy them).

Cheers

Le mercredi 27 décembre 2017 13:58:47 UTC+9, Arsalan Ahmad a écrit :
Thank you so much

On Monday, December 25, 2017 at 9:38:34 AM UTC+1, Arsalan Ahmad wrote:
Hi,
I want to use Multipath TCP (MPTCP) code by m.kherkha implemented in NS 3.19. I am using new version ns3.27. In order to run  it on NS3.27, i have to port the MPTCP code on NS3.27.
Can anyone help me how to do this porting.

 Thanks in advance!

--
Posting to this group should follow these guidelines https://www.nsnam.org/wiki/Ns-3-users-guidelines-for-posting
---

Arsalan Ahmad

Dec 28, 2017, 3:12:52 AM12/28/17
to ns-3-users
Thank you for your response,
I am already using this MPTCP implementation in ns3. Also, i am looking for some thing that could made it easy for me to use this code on ns3.27.