FlowMonitor module

Lakshmi Krishnaswamy

Jul 21, 2020, 2:54:08 AM7/21/20
to ns-3-users
Hi all,

Hope you are doing good. I have some trouble understanding some aspects of FlowMonitor module and would greatly appreciate any feedback and guidance on the same!!

I am running simulation using a data center network setup. I am using the FlowMonitor module to capture flow statistics. Do the values and statistics given by FlowMonitor take into account the delays due to head of line queue blocking as well ? Meaning to ask, the definition for timeLastRxPacket and timeFirstTxPacket are as follows :

timeLastRxPacket Contains the absolute time when the last packet in the flow was received, i.e. the time when the flow reception ends;

timeFirstTxPacket Contains the absolute time when the first packet in the flow was transmitted, i.e. the time when the flow transmission starts;

do the account for the TCP connection establishment as well ?

Sorry if it is a very simple aspect, I did try reading the documentation for flowmonitor and it is very well explained but I'm still unable to resolve the above doubt that I have. Any help or even direction to some other documentation would be greatly helpful to me!!