DHCP in infrastructure mode wifi network

Fahim Masud Choudhury

Nov 2, 2014, 11:08:53 PM11/2/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I want to create a infrastructure based wireless mesh network including a WiFi Access Point and some Station nodes. I want to allocate IP Address to the station nodes dynamically. Previously, I have searched in the group and found some topics on DHCP in here and here but could not get it working.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Tommaso Pecorella

Nov 3, 2014, 2:47:31 AM11/3/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

the DHCP server module referred to in these posts is extremely old, and I'm fairly sure that it will not work with recent ns-3 releases without a relevant upgrade effort.
To prevent the question: using an extremely old ns-3 release just to be able to run that DHCP server is very hard (compiler compatibility issues) and generally speaking a very bad idea (bugs).

The best advice I can give is to see if you can upgrade the DHCP code, or if the actual address assignment methods supported by ns-3 are enough.

Cheers,

T.

Fahim Masud Choudhury

Nov 3, 2014, 4:12:47 AM11/3/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Currently, I am studying ns-3, so I am afraid I am not skilled enough to perform the modifications you suggested above.
Thank you very much for your advice.