Wifi beacon power measurement

RK

Nov 14, 2018, 9:08:19 AM11/14/18
to ns-3-users
Hello All,
    I am trying to simulate a simple wifi topology with one AP and 3 sta. My aim is to get the power of the signal received by the AP from individual end users as a part of association process (the association signal send out by end user to AP right after every beacon scanning).

Using the below line, I am able to print details like signal power, packetsize etc, through the function "Details"
 Config::Connect("/NodeList/*/DeviceList/*/$ns3::WifiNetDevice/Phy/MonitorSnifferRx", MakeCallback(&Details));

But how do I filter out only the association or beacon packets here, excluding the normal data packets.

Thanks

RK

Nov 20, 2018, 5:00:19 AM11/20/18
to ns-3-users
It was a simple thing I missed.
   The callback function can be defined and the packet pointer has all the needed details. Just need to move packet content to a string and do simple string manipulation later and use of if filtering will do it.

But its quite intriguing to see 3 management requests where no nodes are in motion. 3rd packet's received power is way too low compared to its previous 2. Is there any reason for that..?

MGT_ASSOCIATION_REQUEST
MAC ID of sender=00:00:00:00:00:03
BSSID of the receiving AP=00:00:00:00:00:04
SIGNAL_POWER = 42
Noise_POWER = -97.9557

MGT_ASSOCIATION_REQUEST
MAC ID of sender=00:00:00:00:00:03
BSSID of the receiving AP=00:00:00:00:00:04
SIGNAL_POWER = 42
Noise_POWER = -97.9557

MGT_ASSOCIATION_REQUEST
MAC ID of sender=00:00:00:00:00:03
BSSID of the receiving AP=00:00:00:00:00:04
SIGNAL_POWER = -9.19315
Noise_POWER = -97.9557