Re: How to model a realistic network background traffic and congestion in NS3?

Message has been deleted

tina

Dec 11, 2017, 1:19:27 PM12/11/17
to ns-3-users
Hi all,

How could make realistic congestion for the network in NS3? Is there any model in NS3 that i have to use?
 Do i have to make congestion in network by playing with background traffic? for example by making an script; sending specific CBR background traffic from 10 seconds of simulation to 20 seconds then, FTP from 20 seconds to 30 seconds and so on?   In another words, how could we have a realistic network congestion in NS3?
Thanks in advance

tina

Dec 11, 2017, 3:17:43 PM12/11/17
to ns-3-users

I also found "A new tool for generating realistic Internet traffic in NS-3" https://dl.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=2151070.  I don't know if it is compatible with NS3 or not because It is published in 2011? Is there any tool available in NS3 similar to this?

Tommaso Pecorella

Dec 11, 2017, 6:11:37 PM12/11/17
to ns-3-users
Hi,

it should be fairly easy to forward-port it (or just re-do it from scratch using the same formulas).

T.