Unifying Wifi, lr-wpan and LTE channel for coexistans studies and other applications

Farshad Koohifar

Dec 22, 2014, 1:20:29 PM12/22/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

As of now, Wifi, lr-wpan and LTE use different channels and this has caused some problems:
1. Wifi channels do not interfere with adjacent Wifi channels
2. ZigBee doesn't interfere with Wifi
3. Lenience assisted access LTE and Wifi coexistence cannot be simulated
I am willing to address this by unifying the channel in spectrum frame work and currently I am reading the codes to understand what is happening behind the scene.
has anybody tried to do so before?
Any advice is highly appreciated. Please share your ideas with me so that my chances of trial and error is reduced. I think the out come can be useful for many other projects.

Thanks in advance
Farshad

Konstantinos

Dec 22, 2014, 2:15:56 PM12/22/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

A solution to address all the above problems is to make WiFi module to work with the SpectrumPhy instead of the YansWifiPhy.
Then you can see both inter-channel interference, lr-wpan/Wifi interference, LTE/WiFi interference...

It will require quite a lot of restructuring in the WiFi code, but if you are up to it, then your contribution will be most welcome.
I would advise you, to move further discussions in the developers mailing list.

Regards,
K.

Farshad Koohifar

Dec 23, 2014, 10:08:09 AM12/23/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Konstantinos,

I will try to read some of the code and then I will ask my questions in the developers mailing list.

BR
Farshad