Lte Ue switch from CONNECTED_NORMALLY to IDLE_CAMPED_NORMALLY

Marios Me

May 19, 2015, 11:16:38 AM5/19/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys ,

I have an lte scenario in ns-3 3.21 in which I have one enb and one UE which is CONNECTED_NORMALLY to the enb.
In this scenario I want also to schedule an event that will switch the state of the UE from CONNECTED_NORMALLY
to IDLE_CAMPED_NORMALLY after 5 seconds of simulation and then connect back again to the same enb !
When I'm trying to do it straight forward by calling the LteUeRrc::SwitchState I was getting an assert !!

I'm newbie to ns3 , so every idea is welcomed !!

Tommaso Pecorella

May 19, 2015, 12:04:13 PM5/19/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

it's not really a ns-3 issue, it's more a C++ problem: do not use directly private functions. You should only rely on public functions, if things are private there's (usually) a good reason.

I'd suggets to check LteUeRrc::GetAsSapProvider (). The object retuned have a method (public) named Disconnect (). From the looks of it, it does what you want: disconnects the UE.

Hope this helps,

T.

Marios Me

May 20, 2015, 6:00:47 AM5/20/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Thank you for your advice ! I have tried it but nothing happens !! I mean I have made callback to supervise the state changes and when the handler (which contains the lteUeRrc->GetAsSapProvider()->Disconnect() ) is being called , there is no state change , so I suppose that it doesn't work or am I doing something extemely wrong ?!

Thank you in advace

Marios

Tommaso Pecorella

May 20, 2015, 2:30:00 PM5/20/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

no idea. Use a debugger and try to figure out. If you think you found a bug, please contact the late module maintainers.

Cheers,

T.

Michele Polese

Jul 14, 2015, 4:48:17 AM7/14/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tommaso,
maybe I am missing something. I am trying as like as Marios to switch UEs states, in order to have an UE that is connected only when it has to TX something and not always.
I took a look at the documentation and to the source code and I cannot find the implementation of the Disconnect() method you mentioned. The lte-as-sap.cc is a stub file. Is it implemented in a subclass which I didn't find?
Thank you for your attention,
Michele

Tommaso Pecorella

Jul 14, 2015, 5:08:55 AM7/14/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

it's a template function, and it's in the header...
It "simply" calls the right DoDisconnect. In the UE case it should be LteUeRrc::DoDisconnect ().

T.

Michele Polese

Jul 14, 2015, 5:28:46 AM7/14/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Thank you very much for the reply. Indeed it calls LteUeRrc::DoDisconnect (), but it appears that the state is always IDLE_START.