yanswifi

Muammar

Mar 22, 2014, 10:36:37 AM3/22/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
  Hi.

I need some help. I try to set yanswifi with this code, but I do not know the meaning of them.
The codes are:
  wifiPhy.Set ("TxGain",DoubleValue (15.0));
  wifiPhy.Set ("RxGain",DoubleValue (15.0));
  wifiPhy.Set ("TxPowerEnd",DoubleValue (17.0));
  wifiPhy.Set ("TxPowerStart",DoubleValue (17.0));

Could someone tells me What the meaning and function of TxGain, RxGain, TxPowerEnd, and TxPowerStart? or where I can read about it?
Oh, another question. Why the code does not work when I use 15.0 for TxGain, but it works when I set it 1.0?
I'm a new user and need a guidance.
Please help me. Thanks.

Regards.

Konstantinos

Mar 22, 2014, 11:05:07 AM3/22/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Please read the documentation.

These are attributes of a class and reading about them is explained here
http://www.nsnam.org/docs/manual/html/attributes.html

and in the particular class you try to 'modify'

What do you mean, "it does not work"? Do you get an error?

Muammar

Mar 23, 2014, 9:22:09 AM3/23/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for your response..

But I'm sorry, I do not get the explanation about TxGanin there..
Could you explain to me, please?

Not an error, actually. I'm trying to see the throughput of the network I created.
I set the TxGain 15.0 and TxPower 17.0, just like my post before, but the throughput is 0.
and when I set it to 1.0, I get the throughput 0.2205.
I don't understand why..
Could you help me to explain it?

Tommaso Pecorella

Mar 23, 2014, 10:05:44 AM3/23/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

let's make an example.
You're in a crowded place, and everybody is speaking to somebody close to them with a normal voice.
Sometimes the noise fro neighbours will be too high, so it will be needed to repeat some sentences.

Now, suppose everybody is yelling, with a extremely booming voice. Nobody would be able to understand anything.

That's what happens.

T.