PyViz instalation issue

Arun

May 29, 2019, 1:11:08 PM5/29/19
to ns-3-users
Hi,
When I try to install PyViz  the following package is not working python-pygoocanvas

I am following the documentation provided on the following link

Also I have a question line I am running program written in c++ , I have read that I can use PyViz for  C++ simulation too , the question is how to enable python bindings in ns3

Tom Henderson

May 29, 2019, 1:40:33 PM5/29/19
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com

On 5/29/19 10:11 AM, Arun wrote:
> Hi,
> When I try to install PyViz  the following package is not working
> python-pygoocanvas
>
> I am following the documentation provided on the following link
> https://www.nsnam.org/wiki/PyViz

Please follow the updated instructions to install the GTK+ version 3
packages:

https://www.nsnam.org/wiki/Installation#Ubuntu.2FDebian.2FMint

We need to update the PyViz wiki page to point out that
python-pygoocanvas is deprecated.

> Also I have a question line I am running program written in c++ , I have
> read that I can use PyViz for  C++ simulation too , the question is how
> to enable python bindings in ns3

Python bindings are enabled by default if pybindgen is installed. This
is part of the workflow using the 'ns-3-allinone' build.py script, or
the bake build system for ns-3-allinone. Please read the tutorial about
this.

If pyviz is listed as being available (when you examine the output of
your './waf configure' command), then you should be able to use it when
running ns-3 C++ programs by passing the '--vis' option.

Some people have reported problems recently of selected ns-3 programs
not working with this iteration of pyviz so please look at the
ns-3-users archives if you find an issue.

- Tom