How can I use ns3 to simulate the routing protocol of VANET

agentZhu

Dec 28, 2015, 6:41:34 AM12/28/15
to ns-3-users
Hello to everyone:
   Firstly, I say sorry for to ask this simple and stupid question. I am new to the ns3. I installed it at last week and read the six chapers of tutorial so far.
However, I still did not know that how use ns3 to simlutate the routing protocol of VANET. So, I ask this question for help,in my situation:focusing in Network layer.
Can someone give me some tips about how create the toplopy of VANET on ns3, and provide some material,particularly a demo? I will be very grateful!BTW,
these days I read some papers about VANET field.

Thank you very much,
 agentZhu

Tommaso Pecorella

Dec 28, 2015, 10:34:27 AM12/28/15
to ns-3-users
Hi,

you posted the same question twice in a row, one on a specific thread, and another as a reply to a thread that is 4 YEARS old.
Congratulations on breaking 2 netiquette rules in a row.

The only tip I can give you is: first study what a VANET is and what protocols you want to simulate, then check if they are implemented in ns-3 (e.g., 802.11p and mesh routing are implemented).
The next thing is to study the relevant modules and their examples.

Have fun, and think twice before pushing "send". The equation "more asking == more replies" is plainly wrong.

T.

agentZhu

Dec 30, 2015, 7:22:47 AM12/30/15
to ns-3-users
Thanks for your advice.

在 2015年12月28日星期一 UTC+8下午11:34:27,Tommaso Pecorella写道: