printing a table in ns3

Nish

Nov 12, 2014, 12:15:46 AM11/12/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi ,

I have added a new table to store some ipv4 addresses. but i'm not able print it from my source code (when i try to print that using AodvHelper attribute it print the normal routing table).
Can someone please help me.

Tommaso Pecorella

Nov 12, 2014, 2:42:42 AM11/12/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I can't give any hint, as too many things could be wrong.
Are you trying to modify AODV ?
Why are you using the AodvHelper ?
What is the function you're trying to use ?
and so on.

Details, or we can just say "you probably did a mistake in the code", which isn't very helpful.

Cheers,

T.

Nish

Nov 13, 2014, 1:18:42 AM11/13/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
 Tommaso Thank you for your reply.

Yes i'm trying to modify AODV by adding new table class.
We used AodvHelper object to print AODV normal routing table (
using PrintRoutingTableAllAt() function ).
That's why i tried to use AodvHelper in my case also.
I'm new to ns-3. I'm really grateful if you can suggest me another method.

Tommaso Pecorella

Nov 13, 2014, 2:01:50 AM11/13/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

you can replicate the PrintRoutingTableAllAt functionality and make it specialized for your new table, for example. Or you could chain-print your table after the normal one.
However, I'd strongly suggest to read the ns-3 tutorial and a good C++ book.

Cheers,

T.

Nish

Nov 13, 2014, 2:07:37 AM11/13/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com

Thank you so much. I'll try that method.