RLC Re-segmentation not supported

zhongz...@gmail.com

Apr 6, 2017, 7:20:34 AM4/6/17
to ns-3-users
Hi,

I am running some test on NS3 LTE and I found that there is no re-segmentation feature in RLC-AM mode.  As mentioned in http://www.qtc.jp/3GPP/Specs/36322-800.pdf, this feature may be quite useful when the radio link quality is varying rapidly.  Do the developers planning to add this feature in next NS3 release?

Regards,
Zhenzhe

p.s. Is there any reason why ns3 has no official support for this feature?  (Is the feature disabled by default in vendor device implementation or what? )

Tommaso Pecorella

Apr 11, 2017, 7:08:48 PM4/11/17
to ns-3-users, bboj...@cttc.es
Hi,

no idea. You should ask the LTE module maintainers.

Cheers,

T.

Biljana Bojovic

Apr 12, 2017, 5:27:01 AM4/12/17
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Zhenzhe, all,

yes, as explained in ns-3 documentation the current model of the AM RLC entity does not support the re-segmentation. Rather, the AM RLC entity waits to receive a big enough transmission opportunity. No special reason for this design choose. I guess that there was no much interest to implement re-segmentation. I am not aware if someone else is working on it. A contribution would be very welcome!

Cheers,
Biljana

--
Posting to this group should follow these guidelines https://www.nsnam.org/wiki/Ns-3-users-guidelines-for-posting