Simulating simultaneous transmissions on NetAnim (for WiFi)

Varun Reddy

May 15, 2017, 4:53:55 PM5/15/17
to ns-3-users
Hi everyone,

I have 3 clusters of nodes, each having 42 WiFi stations and 1 AP. Each cluster has its own SSID and channel. When I try to run NetAnim, there is no simulation seen. In reality, all the clusters are exchanging data simultaneously, but that is not seen on NetAnim (Timing Details can be seen in the Log file attached). Even the Node Description for the clusters goes for a toss ( anim.UpdateNodeDescription() ) except the rightmost cluster.

I suspect the problem is due to incorrect placement of the following statements in the code (whether they should be inside/outside the outermost for-loop:
Simulator::Stop (Seconds (simulationTime));
Simulator::Run ();
Simulator::Destroy ();

The code is attached here. Thanks!

Varun
wifi-cluster.cc
wifi-cluster.xml
Log_Cluster.txt

Tommaso Pecorella

May 15, 2017, 5:21:54 PM5/15/17
to ns-3-users
If you suspect something, why are you asking ? TRY !

Moreover, the C++ scope rules are not rocket science. Study them.

T.