mesh node with two interfaces using differents frequencies

nabil torjemen

Mar 1, 2015, 12:05:27 PM3/1/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi for all,
I need to set up a mesh network including 6 nodes. Each one have at least two interfaces and is using a different frequencies (2.4 Ghz for non-infrastrustruce and 5 for infrastructure).
I find in the yanswifi helper the function :
 /**
   * \param freq the operating frequency on this node (2.4 GHz or 5GHz).
   */

virtual void SetFrequency (uint32_t freq);

but it set the frequency for the node and not one interface of the node. how can I setup two frequencies for the same node ?
Best regards.

Tommaso Pecorella

Mar 1, 2015, 12:32:20 PM3/1/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

it's a documentation bug. The frequency is relative to the interface. However it's better to use the standard systems from the helpers.

Cheers,

T.

nabil torjemen

Mar 1, 2015, 1:45:02 PM3/1/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
Thanks for your reply.
Both YansWifiChannelHelper and YansWifiPhyHelper cannot allow to set such parameter !!!
Best regards.

Tommaso Pecorella

Mar 1, 2015, 1:48:50 PM3/1/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
I meant the WifiHelper::SetStandard function :\

T.