Real-time scheduling of UDP traffic

ivan.k...@gmail.com

Oct 28, 2017, 8:28:42 AM10/28/17
to ns-3-users
Hi guys,

I'm trying to design af script with two nodes where I can shape the traffic delay based on the incoming packets, i.e.
Incoming_packet = {1, 2, 3...N}
Tracefile_delay = {0.5, 0.2, 0.6...N}

So that the packet number is delayed with the corresponding deterministic delay. Does anyone have an idea of
how to do this with a basic callback function fx. ?

Cheers

Konstantinos

Oct 29, 2017, 9:23:46 AM10/29/17
to ns-3-users
HI,

What do you mean by trace file delay? Delay of what? Scheduling the next Tx event?

Regards

ivan.k...@gmail.com

Oct 30, 2017, 7:24:04 AM10/30/17
to ns-3-users
Yes, I want to schedule Tx events with a leaky bucket structure, which could be implemented in two steps.

Step 1.  Implement leaky bucket with constant rate.

Step 2.  Assign variable update rate from trace file.

Is this possible?

Cheers