Help with a transmission scenario (multiple transmitters)

raje...@gmail.com

Sep 22, 2014, 8:51:55 AM9/22/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hello All.

i am trying to implement a transmitter that will send data to a base station using multiple antenna or multiple transmitters (something like mimo).

can i make multiple antennas in the wifi mode? where all of them sends data to the base station and to make the SNR higher ?
I've seen that in the YansWifiPhy there is SetNumberOfReceiveAntennas() and SetNumberOfTransmitAntennas,
if i set it to a different number than the default, will it create me a multiple transmitters?

I've seen also that in the LTE module there is mimo, or something close to it.
this is the code line of the mimo:

Config::SetDefault ("ns3::LteEnbRrc::DefaultTransmissionMode", UintegerValue (2)); // MIMO

 i tried to use it and to make 2 enb's and 1 UE, but i think i am making something wrong here, i tried also to make multiple antennas on 1 enb but it didn't helped me and the SINR was lower than before.

Is there a simulation example that shows how to use multiple transmitters to one user?

Thanks in advanced,
RajedBuli.

Rajed Buli

Oct 1, 2014, 4:36:12 AM10/1/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

does anybody knows how to create something close to mimo?
multiple transmitters and receivers and from there to continue?

i understand that there is no mimo implementation on the ns, but can i make  something like the next scenario:

create 4 transmitters and 4 receivers and make each transmitter to be connected with all the receivers, from there to randomly chose a transmitter  and send a packet
then to make another transmitter that will send data and to use ofdm for the transmissions and to continue from there, will it make me an implementation of something that looks like mimo?

thank you all,
Rajed Buli