Problem to link OFSID to NS3

Sandino

Mar 14, 2016, 8:30:11 AM3/14/16
to ns-3-users
Hello, guys!

I'm having troubles with the building of OFSID in NS3.

After download the Openflow switch model through mercurial and posterior configuration and building by waf, the following command
$ ./waf configure --enable-examples --enable-tests --with-openflow=path/to/openflow
(already included the real path to openflow folder)

prints that does not exists the option "--with-openflow":

waf: error: no such option: --with-openflow

I found not nothing after googled for the same error, so, my last attempt is contact the owner of the module.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards!

PS: I exclude the original folder "Openflow" before download Openflow module through "hg clone ... ". Before it, the option "--with-openflow" seems to be still available.

Tommaso Pecorella

Mar 14, 2016, 9:50:24 AM3/14/16
to ns-3-users
Hi,

triple check the spelling of your configure command. If it's saying that there's no such option, then it's a misspelling. Otherwise it would have said that it can't find open flow in the specified directory.

Cheers,

T.

Sandino

Mar 14, 2016, 10:20:51 AM3/14/16
to ns-3-users
It's not possible that it's a misspelling, it's exactly as suggested: "./waf configure --with-openflow="/home/sandino/ns-3-allinone/ns-3.24/src/openflow"

And it is made after building and configuration at the "openflow" folder, where the library is correctly created.

As you can see in the attached file, there is no "--with-openflow" as an option for the configure command.

Any suggestion?
help_waf.txt

Tommaso Pecorella

Mar 14, 2016, 12:29:29 PM3/14/16
to ns-3-users
Hi,

perhaps the confusion is about the name of the openflow module and the openflow package.
I don't want to repeat here the configuration steps, as they are clearly described in the manual, but if you did download and install openflow in "/home/sandino/ns-3-allinone/ns-3.24/src/openflow", then you did overwrite and mess with the ns-3 openflow module (which is the ns-3 part responsible for the integration between openflow and ns-3).

Another possibility is that you have two ns-3 versions, one of them extremely old (pre-openflow) and you're using the old one by mistake.

My suggestion is to start from a fresh ns-3 and openflow installation, and to understand the instructions (following them blindly isn't good).

Cheers,

T.

Sandino

Mar 14, 2016, 2:27:16 PM3/14/16
to ns-3-users
In fact, it was a confusion between module and package. Once the package was downloaded in a different folder from the module folder, the module was built successfully.

Thanks, Mr. Pecorella.