how tu use hierarchical-mobility-model

mousaab bada

May 14, 2018, 3:31:18 PM5/14/18
to ns-3-users
hey every one ;
im new in ns3, i want to change a mobility model during simulation. i read that if we use "hierarchical-mobility-model" we can change mobility from constant position to random walk.

i tried many combinaison but i didnt find the correct one.

please help me

pdbarnes

May 14, 2018, 4:37:10 PM5/14/18
to ns-3-users
You can use a simple MobilityModel like ConstantPositionMobilityModel or RandomWalk2dMobilityModel as is.  The HierarchicalMobilityModel is a little special in that it layers one mobility model on top of another.  For example the parent model could be a WaypointMobilityModel and the child a RandomWalk2dMobilityModel, which would result in an overall movement that wandered around the waypoint path.

Look at the tutorial and examples to see how different scripts configure (and re-configure) the choice of mobility model.

Peter