Example LTE and Wifi

Andrei Luiz Nenevê

Sep 20, 2016, 10:00:00 AM9/20/16
to ns-3-users
Hi,
Someone has a example of traffic between LTE and WIFI.
I'm getting started and I have no idea how it can be made.

Konstantinos

Sep 20, 2016, 6:25:57 PM9/20/16
to ns-3-users
Hi Andrei,

Similar topics have been discussed several times in the mailing list.
Please search the archives.

Regards,
K.

Andrei Luiz Nenevê

Sep 26, 2016, 7:34:10 AM9/26/16
to ns-3-users
Sorry, but I do not found any example of this handover working. I'm really lost, and I have no idea of how I will make this.
But I will continue looking for. Thanks.

Konstantinos

Sep 26, 2016, 8:14:25 AM9/26/16
to ns-3-users
Hi,

The fact that you did not find an working example is that there isn't any.
There are a lot of discussions though, explaining why that is.

Currently you may have simulations of nodes with two interfaces (WiFi & LTE) but the two systems are NOT integrated.
You could for example have MP-TCP or SCTP (with the aid of DCE) to simulate multi-homing, but no vertical handover.

In order to have vertical handover, there are a lot of missing components.

Regards,
K.