802.11n assert failed cond="m_lastReceivedHdr.IsQosData ()"

Tom De Schepper

Apr 12, 2016, 7:31:03 AM4/12/16
to ns-3-users
Hi all,

I have experienced a failing assert when trying to simulate an 802.11n topology with 5 or more stations.

I get the following output:

assert failed. cond="m_lastReceivedHdr.IsQosData ()", file=../src/wifi/model/mac-low.cc, line=864

libc++abi.dylib: terminating

The topology is 1AP with 5 stations placed in a grid and from every stations there is 1MBps flow of TCP traffic going to the AP.  Note that if I chance the topology to 4 nodes or if i lower the datarate, the assert is nog triggered.

Currently, I am using the NS-3.25 release version

I created a minimal example that can recreate the error and added this example in the attachment.

I also checked out this thread, but due to the fact that I m using 802.11n instead of ac, I decided to create a new post.

Am i doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
Tom

wifi-test.cc

Nat P

Apr 12, 2016, 9:08:10 AM4/12/16
to ns-3-users

Il giorno martedì 12 aprile 2016 13:31:03 UTC+2, Tom De Schepper ha scritto:

The topology is 1AP with 5 stations placed in a grid and from every stations there is 1MBps flow of TCP traffic going to the AP.  Note that if I chance the topology to 4 nodes or if i lower the datarate, the assert is nog triggered.

I cannot help you on WiFi, but please, "1 MBps flow of TCP traffic going to AP" is a completely wrong statement. You're injecting data at 1 MBps rate into the TCP buffer, and you cannot say nothing about the rate at which this data is going out from the node.

Nat

Tom De Schepper

Apr 12, 2016, 9:10:26 AM4/12/16
to ns-3-users
Fair enough, you are right. I will change it.

Tommaso Pecorella

Apr 12, 2016, 12:09:03 PM4/12/16
to ns-3-users
Hi,

please check these 3 bugs (all still open):

Your scenario might fall in one of these 3 cases. If it doesn't, contact Sébastien. Well, even if it does, as your script could be helpful.

Cheers,

T.

Tom De Schepper

Apr 13, 2016, 4:24:02 AM4/13/16
to ns-3-users
Hi,

Thanks for your response, I will contact Sebastien.

Best regards,
Tom

liuj...@gmail.com

Aug 11, 2016, 10:09:54 PM8/11/16
to ns-3-users
Hi, Tom.
Have you solved this problem?
Now I am also facing this trouble.

在 2016年4月13日星期三 UTC+9下午5:24:02,Tom De Schepper写道:

Tom De Schepper

Aug 16, 2016, 4:35:37 AM8/16/16
to ns-3-users
I managed to contact Sebastien, who is the developer of these modules and he made a patch file for me which can be found in the attachment. Executing this file from the ns-3.25 folder should solve the problem

Op vrijdag 12 augustus 2016 04:09:54 UTC+2 schreef liuj...@gmail.com:
fix-ampdu-issues.patch

liuj...@gmail.com

Aug 17, 2016, 11:31:07 PM8/17/16
to ns-3-users
Thank you very much! I will have a try.

在 2016年8月16日星期二 UTC+9下午5:35:37,Tom De Schepper写道:

SUBIN JOSEPH

Sep 17, 2016, 7:40:45 AM9/17/16
to ns-3-users
Hi all,
I am also facing the same problem. I have tried to apply this patch.But after adding this, I am not able to build my script.I don't know whats the actual problem.Could someone explain how can I add this patch successfully?/
Thanks in advance
Subin

Tom Henderson

Sep 17, 2016, 11:28:56 AM9/17/16
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
On 09/17/2016 04:40 AM, SUBIN JOSEPH wrote:
> Hi all,
> I am also facing the same problem. I have tried to apply this patch.But
> after adding this, I am not able to build my script.I don't know whats
> the actual problem.Could someone explain how can I add this patch
> successfully?/
> Thanks in advance
> Subin

That patch is already merged to ns-3-dev, so please try running from
that code version.

- Tom

Khairesoufi S R

Jul 2, 2017, 9:44:10 AM7/2/17
to ns-3-users
can u add the patch sir ? i also stuck at the same problem . help me pls