NS3 User Documentation update - TransmissionModeConfigurationUpdate

Ramakrishnan

Jan 12, 2018, 10:42:15 AM1/12/18
to ns-3-users
Hi,

I think the NS3 User documentation requires a re-check - post CA code inclusion into NS3 build,
I noticed an issue with example code around "TransmissionModeConfigurationUpdate", wherein code marked in RED had to be updated.
--> It should be lteEnbDev instead of  enbNetDev and GetCcMap()[0] should be called to get the correct component carrier.

Additionally the simulator crashes if  "TransmissionModeConfigurationUpdate" is called during data transmission and HARQ is enabled. Has this been used/tested before?

Thanks,
Ramakrishnan

*************code********
Ptr<LteEnbNetDevice> lteEnbDev = enbLteDevs.Get (0)->GetObject<LteEnbNetDevice> ();
PointerValue ptrval;
//enbNetDev->GetAttribute ("FfMacScheduler", ptrval); --> Code in User documentation
lteEnbDev->GetCcMap()[0]->GetAttribute ("FfMacScheduler", ptrval);
Ptr<PfFfMacScheduler> pfsched = ptrval.Get<PfFfMacScheduler> ();
if (pfsched == 0)
{
   NS_FATAL_ERROR ("No Pf Scheduler available\n");
}
Simulator::Schedule (Seconds (0.04), &PfFfMacScheduler::TransmissionModeConfigurationUpdate, pfsched, rnti, 1);

Salwa Saafi

Apr 8, 2020, 3:08:22 PM4/8/20
to ns-3-users
Hello Ramakrishnan,

I am trying to use this "TransmissionModeConfigurationUpdate" function , but I am getting the sent below error even when I added the updates you've sent.

0x00007ffff6651b52 in ns3::RrFfMacScheduler::TransmissionModeConfigurationUpdate (this=0x0, rnti=0, txMode=0 '\000')
    at ../src/lte/model/rr-ff-mac-scheduler.cc:1860
1860   m_cschedSapUser->CschedUeConfigUpdateInd (params);

And, another question is about where exactly in the code we have to place this function?

Thanks a lot in advance.
Salwa.