DCE_NS3 Error !

Maruf

Apr 12, 2014, 9:30:11 AM4/12/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I am a new user of DCE. when I run this program I got this error?

root@ubuntu:/home/dce/source/ns-3-dce# ./waf --run dce-udp-simple
The project was not configured: run "waf configure" first!

How I can do the configure waf in DCE, in which directory?
I have just use Building DCE basic mode (did not install Building DCE advanced mode (with Linux kernel/Building DCE using WAF))

I need help.

Konstantinos

Apr 12, 2014, 10:58:34 AM4/12/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Please follow the instructions!!

Did you see an output like this at the end of the installation?
Installing selected module and dependencies.
Please, be patient, this may take a while!
>> Downloading ccnx
>> Download ccnx - OK
>> Downloading iperf
>> Download iperf - OK
>> Downloading ns-3-dev-dce
>> Download ns-3-dev-dce - OK
>> Downloading dce-ns3
>> Download dce-ns3 - OK
>> Building ccnx
>> Built ccnx - OK
>> Building iperf
>> Built iperf - OK
>> Building ns-3-dev-dce
>> Built ns-3-dev-dce - OK
>> Building dce-ns3
>> Built dce-ns3 - OK

nasimul hyder maruf bhuyan

Apr 12, 2014, 11:12:43 AM4/12/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I am doing struggle for installing DCE NS3 last 2days in ubuntu OS.
Now again I install this, after this command,
bake.py build

I have got this error,
>> Building thttpd - OK
>> Building pybindgen-0.16.0.834 - Problem
> Problem: Optional dependency, module "pybindgen-0.16.0.834" failed
This may reduce the functionality of the final build.
However, bake will continue since "pybindgen-0.16.0.834" is not an essential dependency.
For more information call bake with -v or -vvv, for full verbose mode.

>> Building ccnx - Problem
> Problem: Optional dependency, module "ccnx" failed
This may reduce the functionality of the final build.
However, bake will continue since "ccnx" is not an essential dependency.
For more information call bake with -v or -vvv, for full verbose mode.

>> Building netanim-3.104 - Problem
> Problem: Optional dependency, module "netanim-3.104" failed
This may reduce the functionality of the final build.
However, bake will continue since "netanim-3.104" is not an essential dependency.
For more information call bake with -v or -vvv, for full verbose mode.

>> Building elf-loader - OK

I need your help.

Regards,
Nasimul Hyder Maruf Bhuyan.
IEEE Graduate Student Member.

Konstantinos

Apr 12, 2014, 11:25:42 AM4/12/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
As they say, these are not essential for basic DCE operation.
However, if you want to use some of the functionalities of those module, you need to install their dependencies and rebuild.

Finally, I did not see in your output anything about NS-3 and DCE. Which commands did you use?

Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/ns-3-users.

nasimul hyder maruf bhuyan

Apr 12, 2014, 11:33:12 AM4/12/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
I have use the this command,
mkdir dce
cd dce
bake.py configure -e dce-linux-|version|
bake.py download
bake.py build

after last command I got this message still building ns-3.19 !

I want ti design this network,
-      ! mac 802 !                       2/3 static nodes
-      ----------------
-      !  DEC     !
-      ---------------
-       ! Wifi      !
-       -------------
-           !
-           !
-           !
-    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-   !                        wifi radio channel
-   !

Konstantinos

Apr 12, 2014, 11:42:46 AM4/12/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
bake.py configure -e dce-linux-|version|

Have you used exactly this? If yes, you did not read/understand the tutorial.
You are supposed to change this part |version| with the version you want. Latest stable version is 1.2, so the command should be like this "bake.py configure -e dce-linux-1.2"
In addition, the fact that you configure the dce-linux and not dce-ns3, means you are actually installing the 'advanced' mode, nothing wrong with that, but since you said you install the basic...

nasimul hyder maruf bhuyan

Apr 12, 2014, 11:54:05 AM4/12/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Thank you, yes I have do this "bake.py configure -e dce-ns3-1.2" but now replace this in to "bake.py configure -e dce-linux-1.2"

after giving the command "bake.py download"  I have got this message,
[ >> Searching for system dependency libpcap-dev - (Nothing to do, source directory already exists) - OK
 >> Searching for system dependency libexpat-dev - OK
 >> Downloading iperf - (Nothing to do, source directory already exists) - OK
 >> Searching for system dependency libdb-dev - Problem
 > Error:  Critical dependency, module "libdb-dev" not available
   For more information call Bake with --debug and/or -v, -vvv, for full verbose mode (bake --help) ]

and got a message after this command "bake.py build"
[ > Error:  Critical dependency, module "net-next-sim-2.6.36" failed
   For more information call Bake with --debug and/or -v, -vvv, for full verbose mode (bake --help) ]

what can I do now?

Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/ns-3-users.

Konstantinos

Apr 12, 2014, 11:58:52 AM4/12/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com

On Saturday, April 12, 2014 4:54:05 PM UTC+1, Maruf wrote:
Thank you, yes I have do this "bake.py configure -e dce-ns3-1.2" but now replace this in to "bake.py configure -e dce-linux-1.2"

Why do you want to do this? If you just want to run the basic mode, this is not needed.

after giving the command "bake.py download"  I have got this message,
[ >> Searching for system dependency libpcap-dev - (Nothing to do, source directory already exists) - OK
 >> Searching for system dependency libexpat-dev - OK
 >> Downloading iperf - (Nothing to do, source directory already exists) - OK
 >> Searching for system dependency libdb-dev - Problem
 > Error:  Critical dependency, module "libdb-dev" not available
   For more information call Bake with --debug and/or -v, -vvv, for full verbose mode (bake --help) ]

You have a dependency problem. Install libdb-dev libraries and re-build.

Maruf

Apr 12, 2014, 1:02:21 PM4/12/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
thank you, may be I am doing the wrong way. Now I am doing install the basic model, but after this command,
bake.py build

I got this error,
root@ubuntu:/home/dce# bake.py build
 >> Building iperf - OK
 >> Building wget - Problem
 > Problem: Optional dependency, module "wget" failed

   This may reduce the  functionality of the final build.
   However, bake will continue since "wget" is not an essential dependency.

   For more information call bake with -v or -vvv, for full verbose mode.

 > Problem: Optional dependency, module "pybindgen-0.16.0.834" failed
   This may reduce the  functionality of the final build.
   However, bake will continue since "pybindgen-0.16.0.834" is not an essential dependency.
   For more information call bake with -v or -vvv, for full verbose mode.

 >> Building ccnx - Problem
 > Problem: Optional dependency, module "ccnx" failed
   This may reduce the  functionality of the final build.
   However, bake will continue since "ccnx" is not an essential dependency.
   For more information call bake with -v or -vvv, for full verbose mode.

 >> Building netanim-3.104 - Problem
 > Problem: Optional dependency, module "netanim-3.104" failed
   This may reduce the  functionality of the final build.
   However, bake will continue since "netanim-3.104" is not an essential dependency.
   For more information call bake with -v or -vvv, for full verbose mode.

 >> Building elf-loader - OK
 >> Building ns-3.19 -     Could not install, probably you do not have permission to install  ns-3.19: Verify if you have the required rights. Original message: Subprocess failed with error 2: ['/home/dce/source/ns-3.19/waf', 'install']
OK
 >> Building dce-ns3-1.2 - Problem
 > Error:  Critical dependency, module "dce-ns3-1.2" failed
   For more information call Bake with --debug and/or -v, -vvv, for full verbose mode (bake --help)

Maruf

Apr 13, 2014, 4:10:48 AM4/13/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
hi,
I got en error after giving this command, "
./waf configure --prefix=$HOME/dce/build"

error message:
Checking for program gccxml  : not found
Could not find the program gccxml
(complete log in /home/dce/pybindgen/build/config.log)
And,

root@ubuntu:/home/dce/source/ns-3-dce# ./waf --run dce-udp-simple
The project was not configured: run "waf configure" first!

How I can solve this problem?

Konstantinos

Apr 13, 2014, 4:19:46 AM4/13/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Have you solved the previous problems?

>> Building ns-3.19 - Could not install, probably you do not have permission to install ns-3.19: Verify if you have the required rights. Original message: Subprocess failed with error 2: ['/home/dce/source/ns-3.19/waf', 'install']
OK
>> Building dce-ns3-1.2 - Problem
> Error: Critical dependency, module "dce-ns3-1.2" failed

For more information call Bake with --debug and/or -v, -vvv, for full verbose mode (bake --help)

These suggest that you have not installed ns-3 or dce.

Maruf

Apr 13, 2014, 10:37:15 AM4/13/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
thank you. dce-ns3-1.2 make some problem in my computer. but dce-ns3-1.1 is successfully installed. after 3days struggle dce in now working in my laptop. :)

Maruf

Apr 14, 2014, 10:46:14 AM4/14/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
I want to edit this file "dce-iperf"

when I gave this command "....../home/dce/source/ns-3-dce#./waf --run dce-iperf"
without error it is run successfully. I do not know in which folder is it?

Konstantinos

Apr 14, 2014, 10:54:44 AM4/14/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Have you checked the 'examples' folder?

Please make a new thread if your question is not related to the one you reply. Since you have fixed your 'installation' issues, this thread is assumed complete.

Emilio Mancini

Apr 14, 2014, 10:54:50 AM4/14/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
example/dce-iperf.cc

shadi sadeghpour

May 24, 2017, 3:59:53 PM5/24/17
to ns-3-users
hi,

would you please ask the first question? in my case, the bake.py download is fine and everything is downloaded but when bake.py bulid run, still ccnx has problem

Tommaso Pecorella

May 27, 2017, 11:55:39 AM5/27/17
to ns-3-users
Please read the posting guidelines, this thread is from 2014.

T.

yad...@tcd.ie

Jul 25, 2018, 5:09:14 PM7/25/18
to ns-3-users
Dear all ,

I am using Mac OS and trying to install NS-3-DCE .I am getting the same error as
The project was not configured: run "waf configure" first!.

I could not able to rectify the problem.

Kindly help.

Thanks,
Radhe