build failed after compiling a new script - error (exit status 1)

Dark Cloud

Dec 6, 2015, 5:21:11 PM12/6/15
to ns-3-users
Hi, im trying to compile a new script on ns3, using c++ language.

but after compiling this script, the program acuses this error and stop working in any file that i try to compile ( even those that were compiling before without errors)

can someone help?

im using the following command:

 "./waf --run scratch/newScript"
ns3 fail.jpg
ns3.jpg

Konstantinos

Dec 6, 2015, 5:50:50 PM12/6/15
to ns-3-users
Hi,

The problem does not seem to be in the "newScript.cc" but in the "primeiro.cc" (*)
I think that you have copied the text for that script from some document and there seems to be an encoding error.

See your image "ns3 fail.jpg" it mentions that the error is located in line 68 and the command
echoClient.SetAttribute("MaxPacket", UintegerValue(1));
but the quotation outside MaxPackets is printed as questionmak.
That is usually an indicator of wrong encoding. There are different quotations used by different systems (eg. MS Word and simple text editors) https://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~mgk25/ucs/quotes.html

I would suggest to delete and re-write those quotation marks for your attributes and it should solve that problem.

Regards,
Kostas

(*) I do not know if you have used "newScript" as an example.