Ping application

Janki Chhatbar

Jan 28, 2015, 6:57:16 AM1/28/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
I wrote a code for network with 1 router and 4 hosts. All the hosts are in different subnet. According to the code, Leftmost host must ping Rightmost host. The code compiles and builds successfully. However, there is no flow of any packets.

I am attaching the code here.

Can anyone look into it and tell whats the problem?
router.cc

Konstantinos

Jan 28, 2015, 7:02:48 AM1/28/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

You are populating your routing table without having an internet stack on the nodes.
Try to call the GlobalRouter after you create all your interfaces.

Regards,
K.

Matt Anonyme

Jan 28, 2015, 10:23:26 AM1/28/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
before running your program, try to set the NS_LOG environement variable. For instance, run your program with
 NS_LOG="*=error|warn|prefix_node|prefix_func" ./waf ...
It should help you find the cause of your problems

Janki Chhatbar

Jan 29, 2015, 4:28:16 AM1/29/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com

Thanks alot.

Yes, I was populating routing table before installing internet stack.
Populating it before Simulator::Run(); will always work.

Janki Chhatbar

Jan 29, 2015, 8:13:48 AM1/29/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
I have the same topology but this time the switch is openflow switch. The same issue arises. It builds successfully but there are no flows. I have populated the devices at appropriate place.

I am attaching the code.
of-router.cc

Konstantinos

Jan 29, 2015, 8:16:57 AM1/29/15
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Do not post the same question over and over again.
You have asked about this in your other post and Tommaso has replied

Please continue the discussion on OpenFlow issues on that thread.