Tap-Bridge

Rabia Saleh

Jan 22, 2022, 12:39:36 PM1/22/22
to ns-3-users
Hi all
I have some LXC connected to NS3 nodes like this

The nodes are connected on ad hoc mode, but the connection between nodes does not work in multi-hop. For example, node A wants to ping node D via node B and C as (intermediate nodes) node A can ping node D just if they are directly connected.
I  enabled IP forwarding, do I need to do something with MAC address of the nodes.
Any suggestions, please

Many thanks in advance
Kind regards

Vadim Hapanchak

Jan 22, 2022, 3:10:51 PM1/22/22
to ns-3-users
Hi,
You should configure properly routing tables on EACH node in simulation and container as well..
Also check if packets are not droped on LXC interface..
What technology is used on ns3 between B and C.. ?

суббота, 22 января 2022 г. в 17:39:36 UTC, rabiasa...@gmail.com:

Rabia Saleh

Jan 22, 2022, 5:58:07 PM1/22/22
to ns-3-users

Hi Vadim
Many thanks for your reply.
"You should configure properly routing tables on EACH node in simulation and container as well..
Also check if packets are not droped on LXC interface."
Each LXC runs OVS and connects to ns-3 node, so I should not run any routing because the nodes are just forwarding devices and the controller is responsible for the routing decisions.
"What technology is used on ns3 between B and C.. ?"
All the nodes are in ad hoc mode.

Soulimane Mammar

Jan 24, 2022, 5:30:21 PM1/24/22
to ns-3-users
Hi,
Your description is not that clear!
You have some LXCs (say 4 A B C and D), each one of them is connected to an ns3 node. ns3 nodes are configured to work in adhoc mode.
You can't ping from one to another unless their corresponding ns3 nodes are directly connected.
Is this your situation?