Some UEs are not attaching to any eNB

JM Koo

Mar 21, 2014, 8:24:18 PM3/21/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I have an scenario where I increase the numbers of UEs and get the outputs for each case.

It has come to my attention that after 100 UEs, some of them do not appear in, say, PdcpTraces.  IMSI column goes well until 101, after that I get 114, 122, 127....

So I was wondering if you guys could help me with this.  I have EPC enabled so I can use automatic attachment method.

regards,

JK

JM Koo

Mar 23, 2014, 11:51:14 PM3/23/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com

any help or hint of why is this happening?

thanks,

JM Koo

Mar 23, 2014, 11:54:41 PM3/23/14
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
btw, I forgot to mention that I am simulating a three-sector macrocell and 105 small cells "under" the macrocell coverage.

many UEs attach to the macro and a few to the small cells, but many other UEs simple don't appear in the traces outputs.

thanks,